Question

Posted in Banking

Tonyaccman

How do i get an old loan off my credit.. the bank sold the loan and it's still showing?
I didn't have any control of the bank selling the loan, and now the balance is shown 2 times on my credit report, so it's like I have 2 loans on my credit and I don't

Your history of payment with the bank before they sold your loan to another firm is part of your credit file.  It should show paid as agreed with your payments as they should be.   If the account is still listed as open then you should file a dispute the the credit bureau so that it can be updated to the correct status as a closed account.  However, it will remain on your credit report for 7 years as a reference.