Question

PurplePeepers

How do I get accounts closed in good standing but with derogatory marks remove from my report
I have to store credit cards that are listed as closed in good standing, but have derogatory remarks saying "closed by credit grantor". Both of these accounts are older than 7 years from the date of the last payment. They were both paid off in full, but had been delinquent, which resulted in the stores cancelling them. I would like to get them removed from my credit report but because they were listed as closed in good standing I'm told that they can remain on my report for 10 years. Is there anyway I can get them removed because of the derogatory remarks? I'm trying to raise my credit score and I don't think this is helping

if the account is beyond 7 years old, is is a reference item and is not part of your credit scoring model.  Only current items are part of your credit score.   You can still file a request of the bureau to remove the item as it is beyond the 7 year reporting period.  When the item is removed, it should not affect your current score.