Question

Posted in Taxes

Sassylass212

How do I get a tax lien removed if not correct
CA FTB reported a tax lien on me from 2002. All of my taxes had been collected and I mailed my return, which they said they didn't receive. They finally admitted that I don't owe any money (I overpaid by $1.00) and they updated the lien to paid status, but there should have never been a lien to begin with. They refuse to remove it from my credit reports and it is on all three. What can I do?

Dispute the item with all three bureaus and tell them to delete it because it is outdated.  Paid liens should fall off 7 years after date it was paid.  Be persistent, it may take 2-3 months.  You can dispute online by visiting website for Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.  Best of luck!