Question

Posted in Taxes

Tazmr2001

How do I get a tax lien removed from my credit report that has been paid in full
The IRS settled my tax lien last year and I have a paid in full receipt but it is still showing in public records I need to get it removed

Most Helpful Response

Repayment Plan turned to State Tax Lien

In 2007, I established a "RePayment Plan" with the GA St. Revenue Dept. which showed up on my credit report as a Lien on our Property. Was paid in full and paid on time years ago.  How do we have it removed, information corrected or adjusted as per the agreement. County and State are no help.

hevenly1

All you have to do is ask the state to provide you with the notice that the taaxesa are paid and they will send you a notice that it has been removed and the notice also states you can use it for credit report removal. They dont stay on 7 yrs unless it takes  you that long and most states once you establish a payment plan will remove release the lien.

This is a major credit history entry that will remain on your credit report for 7 years.  There is no removing it until then, but the notice of it being paid in full is a positive on your reports.

hevenly1

You are incorrect, liens can come off once a person establishes a payment plan and requests the agency to send lien removal statement to have it removed from the credit report

Tax Liens

Tax Liens in our state are, more or less, just a formality until your yearly taxes have been paid on real and personal property - that would be real estate and automobile.  I don't understand why it has to remain for seven years.  You know it had to be paid or we would have no house or car.  This is a yearly thing.  If it stays on for seven years, we will always have one on our report even though the taxes are and always have been paid each year, albeit a few weeks late.