Question

jhl91673080

How do I get a mortgage off my credit report?
I am divorced and my ex was awarded the house, I signed a Quit Claim Deed and have no rights to the property. I am still on the mortgage loan and it is affecting my credit since he hasn't paid regularly for the past year. How do I get my information/name off the loan?

If you're still on the loan then you are still liable for making sure it is paid.  Recently went thru the same situation and luckily my ex paid on time every month and eventually sold the house after 2 years.  The only way to get it off is to have him refinance the mortgage without you or sell it.