Question

K32Y

How do I get a detailed report of debt in collections?
Two of my collections fell off but I do not know which two. I don't want to go to pay something off that isn't even on my credit report anymore.

Most Helpful Response

Are they yours?

First thing to determine is, are they YOUR debts?  There are often mistakes made on credit reports and there can be accounts listed that don't even belong to you.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of the credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus.  It's free once a year and we are advised to check our credit reports for accuracy every year.  Look these reports over very carefully and file disputes on all errors with the credit bureau reporting them.  They have to ionvestigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.

www.annualcreditreport.com  it's free and the law..  free for 1 credti report from each of the 3 reporting agencies each year.   Details are on your credit report.