Question

Jhenry57

How do i get a deliquency off my report? only $150and 3 months late from 6 years ago
I was three months late on a student loan for only $150 six years ago and now I feel like its really holding back my overall credit. It was immediately paid off in full and I haven't missed a single payment of any kind in 6 years. I missed the payment bc I was a student and didn't have a job at the time. my credit score is a 739 but I feel it should be much higher given my history. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am looking into buying a home but I want to have a better score to get a more favorable rate. Please help, thanks guys :)

Feb 19, 2015

7 years at least. Plus a possible extra 6 months. 

mindjazz

The delinquency can stay on your record 7+ years. You can try to dispute it on your credit report with the credit reporting agencies, but you will need to give a legitimate reason.   A 90 day late is rather serious.