Question

Gramma2421

How do i get a credit card thats not mine removed from my report
There's a cabelas visa that was my ex husbands that appears charged off on my credit report how do I remove it ?

Most Helpful Response

2 ways you can remove it.  1. Write a letter(s) to the credit bureau(s) reporting it asking that this item be removed as it is not yours.  2. Do an online dispute to the credit bureau(s) saying that the item is not yours....

You mentioned "ex-husband"  if this was from a joint account when you were married, you may not be succesful in having it removed.   Although trying never hurt.  If you were added as an authorized user, you can have it removed.  If it was a debut during your divorce that was assigned to your husband, be sure to provide the court document showing how the credit was assigned to aid in your removal endevors.   You may need to ask your husband how your name was associated with the account so that you will know how to proceed.

Hard credit

I checked on both my reports and noticed and saw that credit request from capital one on both bureaus. Many times. I have never never requested requested an accounted with them. How do I get these removed?

Hopefully you were just an authorized user on the account.  If you don't remember signing as a co-signer then you probably were just an authorized user.  When I was in college my parents put me as an authorized user on one of their credit cards just to use as an emergency which I never used.  I noticed on my credit report that it was listed and they had been late on a couple payments.  I told them and they had me removed as an authorized user and the card came off my credit report.  Hopefully it works the same if you were married to the cardholder.

I applied fir a Capital Credit one card one time but they keep hitting my credit file. Ive called them to no avail. Please help!!