Question

Devyah924

How do I get a company to delete from my credit report if they won't verify the debt.
I have a medical bill on my credit report from 2008 that I have disputed and it keeps coming back as verified. I have written the collection agency verification letters, but they have not written back. I called today and the collection agency told me that they can not send me verification because I live in California and it is a closed state. They asked me if I had a Georgia address that they can send it to and I told them no because I haven't lived in Georgia in 4 years. How do I go about removing this from my credit if the collection agency will not verify the debt. I have already disputed with the credit bureaus and they "claim" it's verified.

The credit bureaus are your major line of defense. The credit bureaus are neutral and un-bias (beleive it or not) If you can provide info that states your claim; your credit will be corrected. This creditor did their part; they were able to prove it is your debt. Now it's time for you to pay the piper. Try to negotiate a pay for delete settlement. (If you are trying to fix your credit) If not just wait them out it will be off your report in another year.....