Question

rellb81

how do i get a closed account removed

Most Helpful Response

They remain a part of your credit history for 7 years past the date they were paid, then they fall off.  Further information on how credit works can be found in the articles on this site because Credit Karma is about teaching people all about credit.

ma56dukes

They were closed in good standing, never late. It's been 8 years and some and they are still on my credit report. So do I still have to just wait for them to drop off? If not what can I do?

unocorko

I have accounts on my report, a couple that where closed in 2005, and one from 2002. All are no balance, good credit report, paid in full, and closed, but are still on my report. So I guess they don't automatically fall off. How do I get them removed without a dispute?