Question

vettish95

How do I get 19 incorrect collections removed. the agency sent me a letter saying they contacted cbs
I have 19 medical collections on my credit report that were put there by mistake. The hospital has emailed me telling me it was taken care of. I got a letter Dated june16 from the collection agency apologizing and saying they had contacted the credit bureaus to remove. July 5 I called all three, none had any clue and said they had not been contacted. It is now July10 and they are still there. This has caused other problems because my other credit cards lowered my limits and increased my interest rates. WHAT CAN I DO

Call a law firm that handles FDCPA cases. FDCPA is "fair debt collection practices act". It sounds to me like you will be able to sue and since you have actual damages you may do well with it.

First, I suggest you learn about credit and read the articles on this siteso you will have a good understanding of how credit works. You will also learn the value of filing disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureaus reporting it.  If you have any documentation proving your case, photocopy it and send it with the dispute letter, via 'snail mail'.  Never try getting financial or legal issues taken care of via phone because the person answering the phone generally does not have that authority.