Question

luzdeluna1

How do I freeze my credit permanently?

Most Helpful Response

Start at 

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0279-extended-fraud-alerts-and-credit-freezes#order

and read.

You can't and I can't see why you would want to!!

Addison170

Shame on you jwsister!  You are usually right on the mark, but not this time.  Yes you can freeze your credit permanently, I did it 5 years ago and it's great peace of mind.  I just went to the website of each credit bureau and they have a way to do it online for a nominal fee.  As to why you want to?  Way cheaper that LifeLock or any other "identity theft protection" company and nobody but you can do a hard inquiry.  It's fantastic!!