Question

frances1924

How do I fix credit score that has dropped 100 points in 4 months?
I was sick in February and March and could not work for several weeks. I have four derogatory remarks. I charged more to my Capital One secured card than I normally do just to get by. I am making multiple payments on it each month. I have not been late on it at all and have paid more than the minimum but I have not been able to pay it off in full as I normally do. I worked so hard to get my credit score up so this is very disappointing. I had raised it to 597-600 depending on the site you looked at. Today I checked and it dropped anothr 30 points to 497. How can I fix this?

Read the articles to learn how credit works because you don't understand it right now.  The multiple payments per month are messing with the 'usage' calculation, which actually hurts your score.  You can't undo the late payments but you can build a history of on-time payments which take the 'bite' out of the lates.  Once you learn the rules of this game, you can win it.  I have.