Question

shwnfrlnd

how do I find the buisness that has me in collection?
It states that a business or bank has me in collection by the name "Main Street". How do I find an address or phone number so I can negotiate a settlement with them?

(1) It likely is an error so go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports so you can check them out for, and dispute the errors. 

(2) If that is a legitimate account, DO NOT negotiate by phone but by letter.  If they were to file suit, you want all negotiatiion information in writing so you can prove the efforts you made and what they said in response.  That is called "evidence."

(3) Read the information provided in the articles on this site (see left side of the page) so you can learn how to build and maintain a good credit score.  Teaching people about credit is what Credit Karma is all about.