Question

kdeproto

how do I find out why my scores changed so drastically?
I'm in the process of buying a house and I've nearly ceased all credit activity except to continue making payments. No NEW credit, no new inquiries, no lates, no new derogatorily... and suddenly my scores dropped 20 pts (from last week). According to CKs so-call alerts/updates, my utilization went DOWN, 1 of my CCs limits went UP ($300 without my requesting it), Balances went DOWN but my scores plummeted bumping from 'Good' to 'Fair'... WTF happened? I'm having some trouble figuring out from CK's info WHY this happened? I haven't received my Mtg yet, so that's not it... Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Since Credit Karma doesn't calculate your score, we cannot say for certain why your score changed. We do provide your credit report each week, so you can compare the 2 or 3 most recent copies to look for changes. 

You didn't mention which bureau this happened for, but you can follow the same process for either: https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport/transunion#overview or https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport/equifax#overview

Select "View Report From" at the top and adjust the date as needed. You can even print them to make it easier.

Hope that helps! 

More...

I'm not exactly sure where to go within CKs site to see a breakdown of the changes to figure out why my scores changed.  No obvious way to analyze the changes.