Question

NicholasViz

How do I find out who and why about a previous "hard" credit inquiry on my report?
So there is a "hard" inquiry on my report from May of 2012 by a bank. I don't remember authorizing anyone to do so. How do I find out which bank it was and why they did so in the first place? Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

If you go to the CK Score Center and scroll down, you'll see a search box on the right that says "Show." Choose "Inquiries" and continue to click on the search results until you see details of the inquiry in question. There should not only be a bank name but a phone number so you can ask about the inquiry.

Thank You!

I'll try that now. 

The only thing it shows me under my inquiries, is "lender", "type" and "date". Won't allow me to actually click on the inquiry for further details. I think I just figured out what it's from though. Sorry for the bother. Thank you anyways though.