How do I find out which collection agency holds my debt?
Credit Karma shows that I have a small outstanding collection. I have never been contacted for this debt and I don't know what it is for. The name of the account is "COML Accept." The amount is small but I would like to eliminate this appearing on my credit report (it only appears on one agency).

jpc426

Trans union needs a credit card... I do not have a credit card. So what other way can I find that information? 

Response by
Aquain

Hello, 

did you ever figure out what this company is?

I am in a similar situation and would like to get it cleared up

Response by
kfarrell258

Yes, I ended up having to pay to view my credit history (I believe I used TransUnion).  This showed the company that held the debt and I was able to then Google search the firm to get their information.

jpc426

get your credit report from trans union and see if more info is listed--if not--then look your credit report over to see if any credit company has you listed as past due--or account turned over for collections--they try to contact that company to see if thay can give you the name or contact info for the collection co. that they turned it over to--when a company turns it over for collection they post their info as to the status of the account and how many days it went past due--so look for that

Response by
redcoupe

Submit to the Community