Question

Posted in Taxes

pgilman0789

how do i find out where my tax return went?
last year i didn't receive any of my tax return with no explanation where it went, i fear it will happen again this year

Most Helpful Response

First step might be to check your credit reports to make sure all information is okay.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get all three and look them over very, very thoroughly.  File disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau showing same.

There should be some mention of a tax lein on your report because a tax refund cannot be taken without some legal basis.  That information should show on the credit reports. Do file disputes on all wrong information with the credit bureau reporting same.

You may also call either the taxpayer hotline at 1-800-829-4477 from & AM to 11:30 PM Monday-Fri  or call 1-800- 829-1040 and ask for the taxpayer advocate 24/7.  Do pull out copies of your tax returns information so you can have all relevant information at hand.

Wish you the best in discovering what happened.

2010 someone filed tax return on me

I am on SSDI because I am Disabled, and therefore did not have to file a tax return. I was informed by the IRS, that someone did file on me in 2010.  How can I go about seeing who did this?