Question

DunneK

How do I find out my account number(s) with collectors?
I have some accounts in collections that I would like to remedy, but I haven't had any contact with them for years. How do I find out what my account numbers are so I can mail them a letter?

im inprocess of bankruptcy and i need my account numbers associated with my accounts where are they located at i have notyet seen any????

First, you find out if they are still showing on any of the three credit reports, which you should be checking annually.  If any of the debts are there, you may be able to contact them and make arrangements for payment.  Depending on your state, the statute of limitations for collection could have expired on one or more of the debts and they could have been written off.

Please read the articles listed in the left column so you can learn more about credit and how you can improve yours.  This site is for the education of individuals in the wise use of credit.