Question

NeedhelpwithIRS

How do I find out if I received a 1099-C from a creditor in 2014?
I received a letter from the IRS advising I owe taxes for a 1099C reported in 2014 that I did not receive. How do I find out who the original creditor was?

You should have received the 1099 in the mail by the end of the year in 2014.  If you don't have it, contact your local IRS office, and ask them if they would send you a copy.  This form would be issued because a creditor charged-off a debt and the cancelled debt is classified as taxable income.  It helps to check all three credit reports annually so you know what is showing and can dispute wrong information.