Question

DD1785

How do I find out if an old apartment that was sent to collections is still on my credit report?
I moved out of an apartment I was sharing with my then-fiance. We broke the lease early, due to a bad break up. I paid my half of the move-out fees, etc. But he continued to live in the apartment for almost 2 months, and they ended up billing us for $2,300. I refused to pay that because I already paid my half of our agreed upon move out fees. I received a phone call from a collection agency a few months after the move, but I've never received any notices, or any more calls.

How do I find out if the debt has been paid, or if it is still in collections and on my credit report?

You should be checking all three credit reports annually.  That is the only way you can know if all the information there is current and correct.  Please read the articles on this site so you cna better understand hoiw credit works.