Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

epson312

How do I find out about a delinquet account that is not mine?
I have a delinquet Department Store account on my credit. The IRS wrote me with a warning that someone was trying to use my credit. I don't know who this "Complete Department" claim is. How do I find out about it? I need to write to them to find out what the heck is going on!

Most Helpful Response

Send a dispute.

If this is on your credit report, file a dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting it.  They will have to investigate it.  If you got a letter from the IRS saying someone was trying to use your credit, I'd be suspicious.  The IRS has absolutely nothing to do with credit reporting and warning people except in case of tax evasion or taxes due.  Take that letter to an attorney or your bank to have it checked.  That letter sounds a bit fishy to me, especially the "Complete Department" bit.  If they are asking you to "verify" information by sending them your social security number, birthdate, etc send a copy of that immediately to your state's attorney general and DO NOT send this information to the so-called IRS!!!  Better safe than sorry!!!