Question

Thicknessalot

How do I file for bankruptcy and what happens to my scores when I do?

Look for a local BK attorney in your area.  Bk's are designed to help you resolve some serious debt.  It is not used to protect your credit score.  When you file, you credit score will go down the tubes....  If you are concerned about you score, then maybe try to educate yourself on how to budget and pay off your debt to an affordable level.

Bankruptcy is a pretty extreme action. I can't think of many good reasons for it, except to discharge a large judgment from a lawsuit  or to protect yourself from losing your home to foreclosure. It will absolutely destroy your credit, and for a lot longer than numerous bad debts.
I had several pages of derogatory accounts a few years ago, collectors pestering me constantly, and horrible credit. I'm very glad I just let those bad marks age and fall off though. I'm a month away from the last one coming off instead of three years away. Much better.