Question

midsummerznight

How do I ever improve my credit with student loans in my history??
I don't have bad payment history but I have about 40K in student loans that is showing "current, no missed payments." My credit score is LOUSY, though. The only reason is because I have so much student loan debt. I don't understand why, if I pay my student loans on time and have no missed payments, why my credit sucks?? Can somebody please help me to understand this?

Adding

I would also like to add that I've had a car paid off under my name and also numerous credit cards that have either been paid in full or that are still open but with good credit payment histories.