Question

tat2lady

How do I establish my credit after my husband has passed away?
I haven't worked in over 10 years. Everything was in his name and I have student loans that are affecting my credit score...What can I do to establish my credit? I only receive the Social security for spousal support and for our children...What can I do??

go to capital one.com apply for the newcomers card only reason I suggest this one is its extremely easy to get....you will get a low limit of $500 but thats ok because you only need to up your credit score put no more then $100 a month on it....20% of your limit pay it off in full every month so if you put say $82.91 on it one month when the bill comes in pay $82.91 on it then you will actually be earning money every month 1% on all purchases not much but free money as long as you pay the bill in full every month and you don't hurt your credit score by keeping the utilization between 1%-20% and in 6 months your score should go up about 50 points if you pay on time and you won't owe any money if you pay in full every month in fact you will make money.....also paying off those student loans will help raise your score