Question

Silquia

How do I erase an account?
I have an account with INTLHOM Prod that is closed and I have already payed. Yet it is still shown in my accounts. How can I fix it to have it erased from my score?

Most Helpful Response

Closed accounts stay on your record. If they were in good order when closed, they generally stay on for 10 years. If they were delinquent when closed, they generally stay on for 7+ years from the date the debt went bad. You can't remove them (and if they were in good order, you don't want to remove them, as they continue to contribute to building your credit).

How to remove forgiven student loan

My son had two student loans that he stopped paying on when he lost his job. Somehow they put both loans on me. I paid on t hem for 2-3 years, but had them discharged due to my disability. They stopped the $230. loan immediately. I was left with a $72.00 loan. It was removed later bjt not it is showing up on my credit report. How do I get it removed?