Question

dbuhrz

How do I dispute something on my credit report
There are 3 items that just showed up on my credit report that I have no idea what they are. I wrote to the, what I assumed to be a collection agency - EOS/CCA over a month ago to find out what these items are. I have heard nothing back and cannot find a phone number for them. I have seen a lot of postings online that this company scams people.

Most Helpful Response

Dispute it with the CRAs

Once you pull your credit reports online, you have 30 days to put in 'disputes' to where the credit reporting agencies (TranUnion, Experian, Equifax) have to verify that those accounts are actually your's. If not, they will be removed. If they cannot get ahold of them after thirty days, they will be removed. If they are your's, then you will get a letter stating the cases and all the information along with it.