Question

itsgreektome12

how do I dispute something on Eqifax?

You can file a direct dispute on CK's site for equifax.  When you view your Equifax report you should see "direct dispute" on the right hand side underneath the sentence "do you see something wrong?"

BotsMom

Equifax would not do anything for me unless I sign up directly with them, which requires me to pay them money. That doesn't seem fair.  How do I get around that?

BotsMom

I can snail mail them, but I still don't know if they'll help me if I don't pay them money to join their club. 

nyanalyst

Enter Your ReplyLet me tell you...I have the same problem...unless you sign up with them they won't help you...and even then I am still not sure that they will.  What's more, when I attempted to use the dispute here, I needed to answer things that were supposedly connecfted to my credit...but none of them had anything to do with me...and I know that beause, I haven't had a mortgage since 2010, nor have a had a credit card since 2005, and I never had a credit card with a store.  What's more even those things they claimed I had just to be able to dispute errors on my report..I would have even agreed that they were correct if they had my mortgage company, or any credit card I ever had...it is hopeless.  Someone suggested going to court...guess that may be the only recourse!  I am frustrated and actually angry.  TransUnion removed incorrect info with no problem!

Go to the website of EQUIFAX and there is instruction on how to dispute

BotsMom

BotsMom