Question

giggin345

How do I dispute something?
I think someone used a name SIMILAR to mine and somehow had my information. But I vaguely remember this being an issue a long time ago and never thought to check my credit report.

Most Helpful Response

You write a letter to each credit bureau questioning the validity of the item and requesting it to be removed.   while there are form letters all over the internet you can use, in reality, all it takes is a clearly written letter along with any facts and substantiation.  You can speed up the process by including a copy of your driver's license, social security card and a copy of your utility bill.  Routinely, when they receive a letter, the dispute can be delayed as they seek proof of identity and address from you.  You can speed the process by providing this with your dispute.