Question

Logansama

How do I dispute incorrect information on my credit report?
I just signed up for CK and in scanning the site, I see that my credit history shows 10 late payments (!) in the past 4 years on one of my credit cards. I've been absolutely on time with this account for many years and I can't find the archived statements to prove it. How do I dispute this information?

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is a very good resource, but not the official source. Call the creditor itself and get some verification of this. Negotiate with them as long as you can. You may have simply made payments one day over the limit. Be sure you know the cut off dates for making future payments. Ask them to explain how the payments were late but they show them as late. Request that thay change the report.

If you fail in negotiating with the creditor you can contact the three bureaus individually and make a claim of an error, but your best bet on something like this is to work with the creditor and not the bureaus.