Question

lsorens

How Do I dispute an account that didn't have my name on it?
My parents bought a home with their names on the note. We moved in and paid the mortgage. Both my parents passed away in 2007. In 2008 my husband and I tried to re-finance the home into our names and to get equity to fix it up. Our names were already on the deed. We were qualified for the loan, but found out we had bought a badly structurally damaged home and the same appraiser that signed off on it in 2005 wouldn't sign off on it in 2008! The loan was sold to three different lenders over the years, we hired an attorney to re coup our losses and finally the last lender, Ocwen Lenders, managed to get the foreclosure in Feb 2014, gave us a "relocation" settlement, and reported under my name, that was not on the original note, that payments were missed. Any advice?

This sounds like a case that would require the advice of an attorney who is well versed in real estate law.  It's clearly not the average credit issue.  Wish I could be more help but real estate involvement makes things a bit more complicated than can be addressed in this forum.  Sorry.