Question

bsoles20

how do i dispute all negative remarks?
I recently talked with a lawfirm that said they can do mass disputes on all my negative remarks on my credit report. They wanted like 180 for the first mo then like 60 a mo after that. They claim that if the companies do not respond within 30 days that they will be dropped. This is the second lawfirm to offer me this was wondering if its a scam or not, how effective it is, and also if i can just do this myself? I no i can dispute a few things online but its not good to dispute everything. Also i have pulled my free credit report already and i have to wait to pull it again. If i can do a "mass verify" can someone tell me how id really like to buy a house and stop renting scores are at 624, 595, and 555. The low one for equifax is because they are only reporting neg things no positives. Tryed working the Pay for deletion with 3 collection agencies and none will go for it.

Most Helpful Response

Don't pay. They can't delete.

There are always those people who "promise" they can do something for you to help, but they can't and this law firm should go back to school and learn about the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  Negatives are part of your credit history because you were late with payments or paid less than what was required or other logical reason.  Those were actions you took that impacted your credit rating.  The negatives will disappear in 7 years from date of last activity (like when you paid it off or it was charged off) and that is required under FCRA, which is a federal regulation.

Definitely dispute anything on your credit report that is not yours, but don't try bombarding the credit bureaus with tons of dispute notices because they can't be disregarding the law, either. 

Work on rebuilding your credit scores.  Pay all bills on time and pay more than required if you can.  Get all those past-dues paid off.  After all, you utilized their granting credit when you purchased whatever goods and/or services you charged, didn't you?  It's time to repay that "loan" which is basically what credit is.

Remember to consider that a home will cost you at least 25 more than what your mortgage payment is because YOU have to pay the property taxes and the maintence.  Right now, yoiur landlord does that.

jwsister

OH YES, anyone who promises they can do a quick fix of your credit is a LIAR!!!  Want to pay a liar??  NOT ME!!!

Positive credit

I opened a account not knowing that they didn't report to the credit card bureau. It is all good but they won't report it. Its been several years sense I opened this account . I recently opened a account with Montgomery Ward who does report to the bureau's.