Question

MrsLavender

How do I dispute a "Serious Deliquency"?
I just noticed a "serious deliquency" on my credit report dating from 2013. On 4 counts a bank reported that I didn't pay on time, from 30 days late to 89+ days. What happened is that I closed my account on December 14, 2012. I stopped receiving statements on Dec 2nd 2012. A few month later I got several dozen phone calls requesting me to pay my checking plus balance. I had no idea my account was still opened and that I was being charged $30 fees every month and monthly interests.

Those accounts are called "ghost accounts". I called/ faxed, emails and even went to the branch in person many times in order to get this square away, I payed what I owed but they wouldn't let me close my account. I finally have to make a scandal at the branch to get my account closed. Since I paid everything that wasn't the issue. It's just that they wouldn't close it so they could charge me overdraft fees in case some auto-payment that I forgot would come through. And this is what happened.

Now that was applying for a loan I got rejected and realized that that incident with Citibank affected my account negatively. My credit score is not super low but it's not super good like it used to be. Does anybody has any advice on how to argue my case and get ride of this "serious delinquency" that happened 3 years ago. Any advice, links would help.

Thank you!

Take them to Court, you may need to get a lawyer or threaten that you will get one.