Question

aaulette1

How do I dispute a medical collection that should have billed my military insurance co.?
I'm active duty military and last yr I had to use the ambulance service. They sent me the bill, I was told by TRICARE (my health insurance) that my SSN is my policy number and that they were to send the bill straight to them. I did that but they still sent two notices afterwards each time I told them the same thing TRICARE said. After the third tim and I didn't get any notices I thought that it was taken care of. Now today I get a notice that (it's been a couple of months that I have checked creditkarma) I have an account in collections and it says the medical bill was sent to collections earlier this yr. My question is how do I go about disputing this claim because it is me but they obviously didn't bill my insurance compan like they should have.

Get in touch with TRICARE and see what they say, get proof in writing of anything they say (it was paid, collector used wrong ID number, whatever).  Then write letters to all three bureaus as well as the collector, send them copies of TRICARE's info and ask them to verify the account, as you were under the impression it had been paid by insurance.  It will take time and patience, but keep at it.  Best of luck.