Question

Medicalbill

How do I dispute a medical bill affecting my credit report?
While we were vacationing in Texas from Florida, I had to take my nephew to the Emergency room, since he didn't carry his insurance card they asked me for my social security...At this point and it's almost 1 year from the date of service, the insurance hasn't paid the hospital and one of the bills went to Collection affecting my credit report.

When you gave them your information, you became the guarantor of payment. Get after his insurance company to pay, if they don't, you may have to pay it with a pay for delete offer to get it removed from your reports. You may want to consult with a lawyer and see if you can get off the hook, it would be worth a couple of phone calls.