Question

drivecats

How do I dispute a inaccuracy on my report, for the company not performing to the contract?
Diamond Resorts International is the worst time share I've ever encountered. I used to own Worldmark time share and had a wonderful experience. Now I refuse to pay another red cent to this fraudulent company. Sewage as you walk to your room, can't bring water to the pool, called prior to, to make sure my guest (with major back problems) would have a comfortable bed. It was a futon with very little support. You had to buy water at $3.00/bottle. Ridiculous! I thought the whole reason you buy a timeshare is to be an owner and have certain unalienable rights? I will initiate the lawsuit myself against them but could use some guidance.

Most Helpful Response

There are two different sides to what you are claiming. We hear your side but not the resorts side. So, only a judge can make the ruling. Until then, your actions (failure to pay) will be reported as it is your obligation to pay until such time as it is determined you no longer owe the debt.

File your suit. Then you can file a dispute that can remove the data until a resolution is made. Until then you have to pay your debt or live with the consequences.

drivecats

Thank you very much mdtaylorlrim,

I had given this timeshare many opportunities to make good by letting us out early after being sent to Palm Springs for a class to show us how to utilize our point system to its fullest potential.  After driving over 2 hours to get there we were once again ambushed and told that we needed to add to our point system in order for our trips to be "Better".  We did down another timeshare years before and ended up traveling to Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon, Kauii, Hawaii with our son , Palm Springs, CA, Big Bear Lake, CA and a couple others that aren't coming into mind right now.  We have been pending escrow for now 91 days in AZ and are being told that we should close by this Wedneday.  From there I will be initiating the lawsuit against Diamond Resorts International, Pro Per.  Any other suggestions?  I have noticed so many dissatisfied members of Diamond, that I want to start a class action lawsuit and have found many on Craigslist, LA Times, Press Enterprise and other media sources so I figured I would get as many people involved as possible to prove their negligence and failure to perform to the contract.  Would you go that route if you were in my shoes?  Curious now and will be spending many hours in the law library to find out exactly what our rights are.  Have a great week, Happy Labor Day and thank you very much for your response.

Sincerely

D&M MCK

drivecats

Yes I'm aware that this will have to get into legal measures. I found on the timeshare's own webpage a clause that would allow a member to release themselves out of their contract for $500.00 per contracted person.  I contacted them to enlist such clause to be told that you must first be in good standing.  Double edge sword, with many medical issue's and the fact that I am already fighting legalities in CA regarding the family estate, this will have to wait until I have either a medical break through and heal or get answers on the estate.  Which ever happens first, the timeshare will be the next major headache in my life.  I am relentless and will finish what should have never even started.  Once I get this done and over with, I'll be returning to my WorldMark timeshare and relish in their beautiful properties and the fact I actually OWN part of the properties and get to write off the interest in my taxes.  Thanks for the info.  I appreciate it.

Class action law suits are never good for the plaintifs. They get pennies of the settlement and often the settlement is not what you were after, individually. The only benefit of a class action suit is that if you can find an attorney to take the case he will likely take it on a contingency.

An individual suit is more costly but the settlement is exactly what you want, and you receive 100% of the settlement.