Question

jeanna3

How do i dispute a debt online
I had to get a new SS card about a month ago and was informed my first name was changed from Jeanna to Geanna. I now realize there are several things on my account I did not do. How do i dispute them all?

Most Helpful Response

if its a single item

you could file a dispute on line at the Credit Reporting agenecies websites. 

Get copies of all 3 of your credit reports. 

once you have those in hand go through the report and highlight the accounts that you are not sure of.   Write a Validation Letter for each item in dispute. (Google it for  a template.)  Write a letter for each item you're disputing and mail them to the Credit Reproting agencies.  They will validate, Meaning verify that the account is yours and that the creditors have the right to try and collect them. Be sure to ask for verification of signature on the orignating documents. this means that they need to provide copies of the original credit application with your signature on it.  if they can't they willl have to remove it.  it ususally take 30 to 60 days.

Good Luck