Question

budyboss

how do i dispute a clam that should be taken off my credit report.
It has been 10 years come, October 13 2005.

ome year

Some years ago, i had to file a paper to some one, and they had 30 day's to reply or it would be taken off. But i don't remember who i had to send it too.

Disputing a Listing

You can always dispute a listing, it doesn't matter what the listing is or where it originated, you have the right to dispute it and it falls on the Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) and the Furnisher of Information (FI) to prove that it is correct and legitimate.  As with all things legal in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. 

There are many sites online where you can find the informationon how to do this and also many places that will provide you with sample letters to hel pyou along the way.  Even the FTC has something to say about cleaning up your credit and doing it yourself versus paying someon else to do it. I personally believe that by doing it ourselves, we learn what we need so that we don't end up in trouble again.  I'm sure you've heard; "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish..."  Same concept.

Personally, I recommend the book/system I wrote, I used it to get myself out of debt and clean up several thousand dollars worth of credit report mess including several double entries and a case of ID theft.  It has all teh sample letters and instructions on how to use them as well as comprehensive explanations of the consumer protection laws... All reviewed by attornies to ensure that it is all legal and correct.

If you are interested in the book, just search online for Weathering Debt and you will be able to find it as a downloadable PDF.  I am also republishing it agina as an Epub so it will be available on Kindle and other Ereaders. Most of all, don't take my word for it, do some quick research, starting at the FTC (http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0058-credit-repair-how-help-yourself) and going forward from there.  Hope this helps some!