Question

badkitty23

How do I dispute 2 companies trying to collect on the same account?
I know one should not be there. I only had one account with the company who is the original collector. How do I get the one collection company to stop collecting and take their information off my report.

If you mean there are two collection companies on your reports for the same original account, then dispute both of them. Technically you would want to dispute the earlier dated one, but I would dispute both and hope that you get lucky with removals of both.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are saying that you have the original account plus one collection account on your reports then that would be normal.