Question

helprequested

how do i decide which balance from a credit card to transfer to a 0% credit card offer
I have a credit card offer of 0% until 6/2015. I want to use it to increase my credit limit. I have heard that it is better to have all credit card limits not to exceed 30% of the limit.

Is that true?

Can I max out this one to eliminate 2 other credit card balances and to reduce one other card by a few thousand dollars.

OR

Should I pay off the higher card balance which is at 75% of the limit and keep the other 2 cards which are at 90%.

Please advise.

Keep all cards under 30%.  You can pay off the card with the highest interest rate, thereby saving you most money in interest.  HOWEVER, be sure to see how much the 0% folks charge you for the balance transfer.  Make sure it is less that the total amount of interest you would pay on the card you are paying off.  Kind of confusing, but I hope this makes sense. 

Personally, I LOVE those 0% offers.  I use them often to pay off a high balance card.  If I don't have it paid off by the time the interest kicks in, I always have another company giving me another 0% offer, and I just transfer the balance to them.  I've had 5K loans I've never paid interest on (although I did have to pay the transfer fees, which were usually quite low).