Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Banking
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
How do I deal with an inherentance?
I'm going to be receiving a large lump sum of money but my credit is so bad (570 range). Due to collections and such I can't get a bank account, the money gets taken by the irs. What can I do when I get the money? I want to be able to settle with these collection companies so I can pay a reduced amount before the money gets automatically taken for the full amount owed by the debt collectors. Any advice will be appreciated.

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.