Question

TheWhiteDove

How do I cover $8-1,300 dental expenses without tanking my credit score from sudden high usage?
Sirs,
I am a new credit user (2-4 months, $800 on 2 credit cards plus installment purchases). How do I handle needed dental work estimate of $8-1,300 without tanking my score from high sudden usage Over 50%? I can apply for new credit through the dental office and if denied, use their in-house financing.

I can afford to pay $100 a month towards dental work. What questions should I ask the dental office manager and what suggestions, if any do you have, so I can preserve my score and even increase it with further on-time payments?

I may have to move around March-May 2017 and I saw on the credit simulator a person loan of the above amount would tank my score to the very poor rating, which would make it almost impossible to rent a new place.

Wait

The only way I can see to preserve your score would be to borrow privately (friends and family). Otherwise, consider putting off the procedure until after you have secured a place to rent. It will take months for your score to improve from putting $800+ on it, and being that you will need a good score to rent, I suggest waiting for the dental work until after.