Question

augoldlady

How do I correct having a wrongful statement concerning an account in collection?
I didn't even know I had this medical bill because the hospital sent the bill to my old
address of 10 years ago!! The doctor's office said they had sent my current address
along with the bill, but they sent it to the address already in their computer.

The hospital accepted the responsibility of being in the wrong, but how do I get this
corrected on my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting it.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed item.

Look very carefully on these reports for the dates associated with previous residences and dispute those dates that are wrong.  This medical bill can be disputed because it was sent to the wrong address and you did not receive it.  That fact can be entered in the dispute, when you file it.  If the Dr.s office sent a letter stating their error, send a copy with your dispute. 

Hope this helps.

3 Reports

I need to get credit reports from Equifax and Experian as well as Transamerica. How do I do this ? I KNOW there are ERRORS on my credit  reports and want to clear them up. Thank  you ,  Laraine G