Question

furbuddy1957

How do I correct an inaccurate limit & balance on a credit card?
I have a Fingerhut card listed with a balance of 127 & a limit of 600. The limit is actually $1200 & the balance is $76. Likewise with another credit card. I had a bankruptcy 2 yrs ago so I want to keep things correct. My score is 658.

Most Helpful Response

Your first step is to contact the card vendors via their 800 numbers and ask them to report the corrected information to the credit bureaus. If after a few weeks the correct info doesn't show, you can contact the bureaus directly (http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/CreditBureauContactInfohtm.shtml) and ask them to correct the record.