Question

Arbeit7

How do I correct an error on my credit report?
My report has an inaccuracy; showing a $50 Peoples Energy bill due for 12 months. I do not use Peoples Energy nor am I getting billing statements from them. What should I do?

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute

1. Check all your reports (all three bureaus) from annualcreditreport.com (if you have subscibed to one, get the latest report from there).

2. Mark all the items you see that don't belong to you and file a dispute regarding each of them with each respective bureau.

3. You may want to send them the copies of your electricity bills (whichever appropriate) to get this done. Keep a proper trail and all the records.