Question

LadyLC

How do I contact TransUnion for a correction?
I checked with one of my 'open accounts' creditors that is showing a continual unpaid balance. They verified that I am paid up and current and advised me to contact TransUnion and they would be forced to correct. I'm not sure of the best way to contact TransUnion. Thanks so much

Most Helpful Response

Do it in writing.  Their address is P.O. Box 2000, Chester PA 19022.  If you have proof from your creditors that it has been paid up, send that with your letter.  Also send them 2 forms of ID so they know they can't blow you off, claiming someone is trying to commit ID theft.  A copy of your driver's license (if it has your correct address), utility bill and/or SS card will work.  Usually TU is pretty good about correcting items, so hopefully it will only take 1 letter.  There is also the possibility that your creditor doesn't know how to fix the report, and they are still reporting it wrong.  If that is the case, TU will send you an updated credit report with the account.   You can then send that to the creditor to prove they are reporting it wrong.  Remember, the bureaus get their data from the creditors, they don't take off late payments on their own, they "verify" them with the creditor.  Best of luck!