Question

8LadyBlue

HOW DO I CLEAR AN ACCOUNT (WITH NEGATIVE LATE FEES) PAID IN 2003 FROM MY CREDIT REPORT
These are late payments to a credit union for mortgage/car and others during a time that my daughter was sick and died (2003/2004) and I lost my job. These accounts have been paid. I struggled not to file bankruptcy and I thought that they be dropped off of my credit history after 7 years.

Use the dispute option on credit karma.

Late payments on most accounts can only be reported for seven years, so if you are seeing late or missed payments from that long ago, you need to dispute them with the credit bureaus listing them. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can learn to file disputes. I do not advise disputing through Credit Karma as the other poster advised, you are much better to do it directly at the credit bureau, there is no need to get a third party in the middle of this, all it does it create further headache in trying to do something.