How do I clear a protested bad report of my credit?
I have an $8,000 write-off reported by Discover. In addition the agencies have reported a residence that I have not lived. I have written and protested, but the 3 agencies deny my protest. How do I prove I've never lived where they indicate I have? Do I wait another 2 years for the $8,000 to disappear?

tennismama

Most Helpful Response

With regards to the residences, it really doesn't matter. It has no material impact on your score or credit. The $8,000 charge off is very different. If you didn't pay a bill it is legitimate, it can't be disputed unless it is inaccurate. 

Response by
AppleRules

The charge off is not accurate and not mine as far as I can tell.  I have requested written proof many times of the charges and signature and copy of the original application and have received nothing other than a one-line bill.  This has been going on for 4 years.  I thought that maybe the incorrect addresses reflected the mailing of a bill or demand for payment to an address that was not mine.  I never had a discover card other than one I paid off many years ago.  I have tried everything I know to stop the bad reporting but have been unable to do so. 

Response by
tennismama

You might want to file a police report for identity theft and work that route. But you better be sure it is not your or you could be committing perjury. 

hardeight

Thanks for your reply.  It's good advice.  I want to make sure it's not mine, but have not been able to get any kind of documents from Discover.  Nothing, nada other than a bill that says I owe $7,800

tennismama

Submit to the Community