Question

kshs7073

How do I clean up my credit report?
I have been working on increasing my credit score and so far it is going ok. I do have a bunch of closed accounts that are over 10 years old on my report showing as closed with $0 balance. How can I get those removed? I thought that most closed accounts fall off after 7 years, is it 7 years from the close date? or 7 years from the opening date?

These closed accounts must have an excellent payment record form them to remain on your reports,and it is best to let that go since they are really helping you.

Never try to remove accounts that were closed in good standing, doing so would damage your credit. Make sure that you spend some time reading about credit and do not try to make adjustments to your credit when you don't know what you are doing.