Question

MJHerren

How do I "clean up "my Credit Report ?
I have three or four debts on my Credit Report that were challenged for transactions that were not made by me. One even went to Court and the Lawyer of the company had it dropped because of me being on a fixed income --- SSA / DIB. Another one has been PAID. There are none in Collections because I have been in contact with Franklin Collections and they have NO RECORD of anything owed. How can I clean these things up ? I cannot pay them off with Social Security as my only means of Income.

You cannot remove accurate information from your credit report. Your credit history is what it is. Errors on your report can and should be disputed as soon as you notice them. Get a free credit report right away (if you are eligible) or pay for one if necessary and file a dispute with each bureau for all errors on your report.

Information that is 7 years old will fall off your report each month potentially causing your report to clear itself of negative information. Of course, provided you do not let anything else go without paying it.